By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How to edit a contacts name

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

How do you edit a contacts name in Skype for Windows 8 as I group and add the company name of the people on my Skype list or like to change people random Skype ID to something meaningful.

I have tried left/right click on the name / contact etc and nothing.

Message 1 of 26 (23,876 Views)
25 Replies
Community Manager
Contact name editing is not supported yet in Skype for Windows 8. Please use the Skype for Windows Desktop application to edit contact details: http://beta.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-windows/

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 26 (23,872 Views)

Transferred to Features: Online Number message board.

Message 3 of 26 (23,270 Views)
Casual Tourist
Wow! Incredible! How could an App be released with such a basic and important feature missing. That's sort of like selling a keyboard without a delete key!
Message 4 of 26 (23,704 Views)
Novel Adventurer

How can I edit a contacts name in Skype? I incorrectly typed the name and now I want to go back and correct it. Thank you!

Message 5 of 26 (23,326 Views)
Casual Tourist

If I download the Skype for Windows desktop application and use it to edit my skype contacts, will those edits show up in my Skype for Windows 8 contact list and my Skype program on my Android phone?

Thanks - LRKP06

Message 6 of 26 (23,275 Views)
Casual Tourist
how do i edit my skype name?
Message 7 of 26 (23,162 Views)
Novel Tourist
Thanks! Been looking for this solutions! Life-saver
Message 8 of 26 (22,591 Views)
Casual Tourist
I've tried it... it doesn't work
Message 9 of 26 (22,011 Views)
Casual Adventurer

there are only two thing skype app can't do - can't do this and can't do that.

Message 10 of 26 (21,997 Views)
Discussion Stats