By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How do I use my old non-Microsoft Skype account to login to Skype?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I have a legit account to login to Skype with on my Windows 7 installed app and on my phone.

I installed Windows 8 and installed Skype through Metro UI and it doesn't let me use my Skype login.  It asks for a Microsoft account now, I guess this means a Live ID.

Message 1 of 7 (19,373 Views)
6 Replies
Novel Adventurer

Feedback for Microsoft: 

Angered that i'd have to ask all of my contacts to now readd me elsewhere I added a new "Live" Skype account

After adding my Skype account it had an option to automatically add in all of my contacts and details from a previous Skype account.

Gave my name/password from the other Skype account and happy happy joy joy.

What a confusing experience.  I didn't know what to do.  I felt like I was left hanging.  I got angry.  Made a new account.  Then found out I was saved.  Real cute.

Message 2 of 7 (19,324 Views)
Novel Adventurer

totally idiotic on the part of the microsoft.  just use the desktop version, which completely defeats the purpose of having windows 8. [edited for inappropriate language]were they thinking?  makes no sense

Message 3 of 7 (16,608 Views)
Casual Tourist

Terrible this new skype, they are not thinking in the customer, nothing easy and if you use a laptop without touch screen it is almost desperate, skype was better in other OS.

Message 4 of 7 (12,738 Views)
Tourist

What were they thinking? To lock you into Microsoft everywhere, that's what. I'm just starting my Windows 8 experience but as far as I can tell, the only real goal of having to go through the start page befor accessing my desktop is to make it more cumbersome to use non-microsoft software.

Message 5 of 7 (10,578 Views)
Novel Adventurer

no thought required to understand what they were thinking...  This move FORCES everyone to get a mail account with them.  I hope Micro$loth and Unca Billy burn in hell one day.

Message 6 of 7 (8,508 Views)
Novel Adventurer

What you really men is that Skype was better before Micro$loth mangled it with their molesting maws.

Message 7 of 7 (8,507 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 16 kudos
  • 5 in conversation