By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How do I delete my chat history in Skype for windows 8?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Tourist

How do I delete my chat history in Skype for windows 8?

Message 1 of 59 (246,098 Views)
58 Replies
Routine Adventurer

For Desktop version: Go to Tools - Options - Privacy and click on Clear history.

For Metro version: Go to Settings - Options and click on clear history.

Novel Adventurer
Whats the metro version and the desktop version? Also how can we find the settings on either?
Message 3 of 59 (246,029 Views)
Super Aviator

krobbo92 wrote:
Whats the metro version and the desktop version? Also how can we find the settings on either?

modernUI

Skype >> Win + C >> Settings >> Options >> Clear History.

desktopUI

Skype >> Tools >> Options... >> Im&SMS >> Advanced Options >> Clear history 

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 4 of 59 (245,986 Views)
Novel Adventurer
have you been able to delete yours? If so please can you tell me how
Message 5 of 59 (244,789 Views)
Novel Adventurer

wear is the tool setting as i can not seem to find it ?

Message 6 of 59 (244,451 Views)
Experienced Adventurer

I'd try SkypeX.  It's a little tool to delete Skype messages and convos.  I haven't tried it in Windows 8, yet, but if it doesn't work, just contact the guy who created it.  He updates it pretty often.  bryancockerham.com/skypex-delete-skype-messages

Message 7 of 59 (242,941 Views)
Casual Tourist

Thanks so much! I'm so glad that you laid this out for me on a step-by-step

Message 8 of 59 (241,943 Views)
Novel Adventurer

this did not remove my message history - just cleared it from the skype home screen. when i click on a contact it still opens up the previous chat history.  how do i fully remove it?

Message 9 of 59 (240,977 Views)
Novel Adventurer

not working, it clear all the history,, but,  if the person message you again all youo conversation is still there,, 

Message 10 of 59 (225,944 Views)
Discussion Stats