By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How can I add all my contacts in Windows 8 people app to Skype

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

How can I add all my contacts in Windows 8 people app to Skype? 

Note: nobody in my people app have a skype account.

I have linked Skype with the People app already.

I can manually call someone in skype, and then add that number as a skype contact, and then "link" that skype contact to the a contact in the people app (Being careful to link to the same person). But that is very tedious for the few hundred people I have in my people app.

Why can't I just click "Add Contact" in skype, and then select the contact I want from the people app?

The two programs seem to be linked in someway, because the tedious method above works.

Or better yet, why don't my people app contacts just show up in Skype after I linked Skype to the people app in the first place?

Message 1 of 3 (4,094 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by Deamion
‎28-08-2015 11:00

I found a work around.

Instead of opening Skype and placing the call from there, I place the call from the people app, and have the people app launch Skype for me.

Not the best way to do it as the people app doesn't show my contacts online status, but it will do for now.

This also requires me to hit the call button a second time before the call is actually placed, but still less work then adding each contact to Skype manually.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3 (4,136 Views)
2 Replies
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by Deamion
‎28-08-2015 11:00

I found a work around.

Instead of opening Skype and placing the call from there, I place the call from the people app, and have the people app launch Skype for me.

Not the best way to do it as the people app doesn't show my contacts online status, but it will do for now.

This also requires me to hit the call button a second time before the call is actually placed, but still less work then adding each contact to Skype manually.

Message 2 of 3 (4,137 Views)
Casual Tourist
mobileHow i contact with people
Message 3 of 3 (2,519 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation