By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Disconnect skype from hotmail account

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I accidently connected my friend's skype account to my hotmail account while setting up windows 8 - how do i remove the account and reconnect it?

Message 1 of 4 (19,913 Views)
3 Replies
Super Aviator

Please Contact customer service and ask them to unlink your account.

What happens when I merge my Skype and Microsoft accounts?

How can I contact Skype Customer Service?

What is live chat support?

support request

include the below information.

Skype version and platform you are using

What is the exact version number of Skype and what platform you are using (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, etc.)?

Which option you choose to log in to Skype, if you combine your account:

• Facebook

Skype-account you used in the process of merging?

Indicate that combined.

Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 4 (19,900 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Check this video instruction on youtube:

Message 3 of 4 (16,528 Views)
Novel Tourist

Hi d2ncal,

Just had a similar nasty experience when i tried connecting to my skype account from a neighbours' Windows 8 pc. Was about taking down my skype account completely until i figured out a change of my skype password could actually help. It did because after a while I got disconnected from the desktop and it requested for a reconnection or re-login. Don't!

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4 (11,968 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation