By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Cant Answer Skype Calls on Windows 8?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

What is up with this problem?

How can such a simple and known problem remain unfixed for such a long time?

Microsoft, I really really do not understand you sometimes!

Message 21 of 44 (2,918 Views)
Novel Tourist
exact same problem, cant fix it though
Message 22 of 44 (2,743 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Have fixed this by ignoring the pre loaded Skype on Win 8 and replacing it with a downloaded desktop version. Irony is that the Win 8 advert in NZ has a young girl answering Skype on Win 8 - now THATS smoke and mirrors.

Message 23 of 44 (2,735 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Actually I do occasionally get the ability to answer a call from Win 8 version so it is not complete smoke and mirrors. I have just not been able figure out why it happens randomly

Message 24 of 44 (2,726 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Problem is you cant leave it as your primary point of answer in case it does not work. I attend many Skype meetings for a charity, and really do value Skype, and that the product in its base form is free. But to not be able to answer a meeting request and then try firnd the address of the meeting, call them back  is too hard each and every time it fails. My own experience is that it fails every time and that there is no icon to answer an incomming call. Desktop Skype works fine.

Message 25 of 44 (2,711 Views)
Novel Adventurer
here is the solution delete the metro version of skype. go to the download site. download and install the desktop version. problem solved
Message 26 of 44 (2,697 Views)
Novel Adventurer

This is just a me-too post.  I was hoping it was an issue with Windows 8 for which there was a solution.  I hate W8.   And now this.  Anyway thanks  for the work around.

Message 27 of 44 (2,157 Views)
Routine Adventurer

I am pretty sure you find a play button on the right side of the screen who sent the voicemail

Message 28 of 44 (2,144 Views)
Novel Adventurer

troublefinder wrote:

I am pretty sure you find a play button on the right side of the screen who sent the voicemail

Yes, thank you, there is a play button on the right side of the screen; however when I click it, even though the "phone" is still ringing, Skype dials the number and initiates a new call. 

Message 29 of 44 (2,142 Views)
Novel Tourist

Hi

How come there is no way to answer a skype call/video call?? This is really frustrating!! I have to use my Apple Ipad to use Skype? Why??

Message 30 of 44 (2,138 Views)
Discussion Stats