By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Can't see Menu Bar in Windows 8

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Please help... I'm new to Windows 8. I have the latest version of Skype. But I can't see any Menu Bar. All I can see is Home (at the top), Add Number & Save Number (at the bottom).

I have done a restart since I installed it, which I assume is the same as logging out and back in again. I have merged my skype and hotmail and want to merge my facebook contacts too, but without the Menu Bar I havent got any "Options"....

Message 1 of 30 (19,050 Views)
29 Replies
Super Aviator

You can install latest Skype desktop Client with this link:
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 2 of 30 (19,003 Views)
Novel Tourist
that link you provided gave me Skype on my desktop and I easily connected my mic but the other screen with Skype app still doesn't have a menu bar that I can see to allow me to entry the menu so I can turn on my mic using the app also.
Message 3 of 30 (18,155 Views)
Novel Tourist

Same issue, did you guys get the solution?

Message 4 of 30 (17,855 Views)
Novel Tourist

I am having the same issue. How can they release a version witout this basic functionality???? Don't they do even the most basic testing before the release?

Message 5 of 30 (17,503 Views)
Novel Tourist
I'm having the same issue. Can you make calls if you turn your camera on without Options/Video?
Message 6 of 30 (17,160 Views)
Novel Tourist

I'm having the same issue.  Where is the menu bar?

Message 7 of 30 (16,550 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 30 (16,205 Views)
Novel Tourist

I have the same problem! I have a new computer with Windows 8 on it, and have installed Skype for Windows 8, but the menu bar is missing! Have you found a solution meanwhile?

Message 9 of 30 (15,489 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Discussion Stats