By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Can't get video on nabi tablet only audio for calls.

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

We have video outside of skype, and have audio with skype, but only profile photos are visible throughout call, no video. With the contact we tried to contact last night, he could only see his profile photo, and vice-versa.

P.S. We have a Nabi tablet

Message 1 of 7 (7,618 Views)
6 Replies
Casual Tourist

I'm having the same issue...I'm not able to video chat, i could only hear the voice. please help!

Message 2 of 7 (6,902 Views)
Former Staff

Are you using Windows 8 on Nabi?

Message 3 of 7 (6,817 Views)
Novel Tourist
I'm having the same problem, why can't I make a video call
Message 4 of 7 (6,775 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Click the three dots on upper right of Skype screen in Nabi and select Settings. Then make sure video calling is enabled. Skype doesn't guarantee quality. Given how poorly pictures take unless there is massive light, I can't imagine the quality is too good. Haven't tried it yet.
Message 5 of 7 (6,708 Views)
Novel Adventurer

See http://everythingnabi.blogspot.com/2012/08/post-launch-nabi-2-tablet-faqs.html. It's pretty simple to turn it on. Click three dots on upper right of Skype screen in Nabi. Select Settings. Enable video calling.

Message 6 of 7 (6,707 Views)
Novel Tourist

hi wats your name

Message 7 of 7 (4,561 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation