By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Accepting contacts for windows 8

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I cannot find any place where it allows me to accept contact requests. I can add a contact no problem, but even when people add me nothing pops up. They have to actually send me a message or give me a call before I'm allowed to accept their request. Please help. It's becomming quite an inconvenience.

Message 1 of 12 (12,518 Views)
11 Replies
Novel Tourist

How do you add a contact?!

Message 2 of 12 (12,506 Views)
Super Aviator

eliscurtis,

In the home screen under recent you will see the contacts request.

Click on that request message then Click accept / decline.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 3 of 12 (12,499 Views)
Super Aviator

seattledowney,

Type your contacts name in the search bar.

Select the contact then Click add to contacts.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 4 of 12 (12,498 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Contact Requests DO  NOT APPEAR in "Recent".  How do I get them to appear, or how do I accept a Request if the Contact Request does not appear in Recent?

Message 5 of 12 (10,103 Views)
Novel Adventurer

No Contact Request EVER appears in Recent.  I am using the latest Windows 8 softwase and latest Skype update.  I cannot Accept a Contact Request that never appears.  HELP!!!

Message 6 of 12 (10,100 Views)
Novel Tourist

too right - it is IMPOSSIBLE to see the contact requests as they do NOT APPEAR under recent. No problem with Apple software though. And why is this STILL not fixed after months of waiting? 

Message 7 of 12 (8,022 Views)
Novel Tourist

I wish to decline a requesting contact. Although your screen shot shows and option to decline or accept my screen does not have this option. I have no decline button

Message 8 of 12 (5,612 Views)
Novel Tourist

However, under recents no friends requests appear. ever

Message 9 of 12 (4,046 Views)
Novel Tourist

I have the same problem, no "accept" button appears anywhere, for several contacts who added me.

I had to return on Skype Desktop so that I could accept my friends.

What a support !

Message 10 of 12 (3,909 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 18 kudos
  • 10 in conversation