Re: Skype on iPod touch 2nd generation

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype on iPod touch 2nd generation

I have downloaded Skype on to my iPod touch 2nd generation (updated with iOS 4.0) but the icon is not appearing on the home page. Why has it not come up automatically? How can i put it there?

lynn_e_moss
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (2,059 Views)

The problem is that u need a higher iOS, because skype was updated to a new software, Im having the same problem.
Can I get an older version of skype?
Mabs01
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 5 (1,873 Views)

Yes pls is there an older version that can be installed manually

eagl3ey3o9
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 5 (1,807 Views)

I have the same problem. Please offer to download previous versions of this software in order for us to be able to run it!

mrbastiano
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (1,638 Views)

I've contacted Skype support and after half an hour they confirmed that older skype version for ios 4 are NOT supported.

Is like they say to us: "Hey you, with an older iPhone or iPod, f**** yourself and buy a new one, we have no intention to help you. What? Would you like a page to download older version?? Hhahahah... F*** off and get a new device! "

The customer care guy was nice and efficient by the way.

Michelangelo
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (1,047 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling