By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

Skype conversation volume options removed from version 7.25 (356)

Novel Adventurer

I've recently updated Skype for Mac to the latest version. Previous versions had the ability to reduce the conversation volume through the Conversations drop down or with the keyboard shortcut (option) + (command) + (up arrow) or (down arrow). This new version has gotten rid of this perfectly useful feature which is really annoying.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 1 of 178
177 Replies
Novel Tourist

I have the exact same, would love an update on this or an alternate way of fixing this, is bothering me already 2 minutes into the update.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 178
Novel Adventurer

The same thing is bugging me as well. Now I have to turn down my system volume to extremely low levels every time I’m in a call, which is especially frustrating when you want to watch videos simultaneously with others in a call and you can’t hear any audio from other apps even if their dedicated volume is turned up all the way.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 3 of 178
Experienced Voyager

Yeah, why is this?! Would love a good reason from staff on why they decided to remove this. Now I cannot entirely mute a conversation I'm a part of (which I need to do during certain times due to the nature of my work) which is annoying if I am hosting the call. I also cannot hear videos I might be watching on the side now as Skype is set to an annoyingly high volume level.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 4 of 178
Novel Adventurer

I completely agree. I was previously having issues with the volume control not working and getting stuck, and this is even worse. I don't know if I should be frustrated with Skype or OS X for not having a **bleep** volume mixer (which was introduced on Windows Vista, in 2007)...

Flag for a Moderator
Message 5 of 178
Casual Adventurer

I agree with you
I repent to update to this version !!

I would like to know WHY Microsoft removed this useful volume control from Skype after this latest update! (v.7.25)
It's unbelievable and so ridiculous.
Microsoft instead move forward, is stepping back the skype application...

Flag for a Moderator
Message 6 of 178

Hi there!

I admit I never use this feature but as I was using 7.24 and then 7.25, I just checked it's gone and there are no other commands to use this.

I'll escalate the question to know more and share it here with you guys.

Cheers

Los Moderadores no contestamos a mensajes privados no solicitados.
¿Problemas urgentes? Contacta con el soporte de Skype desde aquí

upgrade
Flag for a Moderator
Message 7 of 178
Casual Adventurer

Thank you Carola!

I appreciate your disposition to help us.

Kind Regards

Carola wrote:

Hi there!

I admit I never use this feature but as I was using 7.24 and then 7.25, I just checked it's gone and there are no other commands to use this.

I'll escalate the question to know more and share it here with you guys.

Cheers

Flag for a Moderator
Message 8 of 178
I'm not sure I can make the feature come back but at least I will try to know what happened and if it's a bug, I'll request some logs or anything that may help fix it.

Cheers!

Los Moderadores no contestamos a mensajes privados no solicitados.
¿Problemas urgentes? Contacta con el soporte de Skype desde aquí

upgrade
Tags (1)
Flag for a Moderator
Message 9 of 178
Novel Adventurer

On OS X, it is an absolute necessity because the OS does not have a built-in volume mixer like Windows does. If I want to say, watch a video or listen to music while I'm on a Skype call, I can't turn it down or mute the call for a few minutes. It's so annoying...the volume control didn't even work half the time before, it always got "stuck" at one volume so now we have effectively the same thing, just permanently. 

It's ridiculous and I can't understand how Microsoft can't make something that works right.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 10 of 178