By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype Community has moved

You can find the new Skype Community here. For more information please read this post.

Outgoing Skype calls won't connect

SOLVED
Go to solution
Novel Tourist

Skype has been working fine on my Macbook Pro for months but all of a sudden when i try to call somebody it just says connectin and then call dropped, this is only a problem with outgoing calls as it allows me to receive and answer incoming calls. does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

• won't connect
Flag for a Moderator
Message 1 of 77
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Tourist

I've got it too work!

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Unlock so you can change settings > Firewall Options > Find Skype and Allow All incoming connections > Hit Ok > (Now you are back in System Preferences) > Privacy > Accessibility > Check Skype > Lock Changes > Done

Flag for a Moderator
Message 28 of 77
76 Replies
Novel Tourist

I am having the same problem. Have been receiving calls fine, but none of my outgoing calls are connecting. Anyone with any suggestions? 

Flag for a Moderator
Message 2 of 77
Staff

Hi,

could you please use Skype First Aid tool (https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12406/skype-first-aid-tool-eula-end-user-license-agreement) to generate some logs on the issue and then attach them in this thread. Then we could investigate further why exactly the calls are failing.

Cheers,

Rene

Flag for a Moderator
Message 3 of 77
Novel Adventurer

HI 

I have this problem also recently.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Skype and it is still an issue.

Please help.  I downloaded the first aid thing but I have no idea what to do with that.

Thanks,

k

Flag for a Moderator
Message 4 of 77
Novel Adventurer

This is becoming a major problem. What can I do? It seems Skype is useless as 3/4 of my contacts cannot be called.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 5 of 77
Casual Tourist

I saw a "1" on my skype logo, so I thought I had a message. I clicked on, taking me to my page and didn't know how to retrieve a message if that's what "1" meant. So I typed that person a message on the space below, and when I sent it, it said I needed Skype Credit to send it. So I attempted to cancel it or clear it.  I then attempted to call the person and now it disconnects and says I need to have Skype Credit for the call.  I had no trouble before calling my friend until NOW. How do I correct this back to where I could call my friend for free. I am not a big computer user so please, make it simple. Thank You

Flag for a Moderator
Message 6 of 77
Casual Tourist

I have the same problem. My calls won't connect anymore. Is anybody looking into the issue?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 7 of 77
Novel Adventurer

Any updates to this? I have tried to call from my iPhone running the latest version of Skype and it also just shows "connecting" instead of a ringer for outgoing calls. Both from cellular and my WiFi.

I think this is Skype Network related?

Flag for a Moderator
Message 8 of 77
Novel Tourist

Same issue. RIP Skype.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 9 of 77
Casual Tourist

We have the same problem on MAC running OS X with latest updates.

Other parts of the network are running fine and we just downloaded and installed the latest Skype but for the past week or so Skype simply indicates that we are not connected.

It's very frustrating.

Flag for a Moderator
Message 10 of 77