By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Microphone wont work

Novel Adventurer

I have a Macbook Pro . The microphone won't work. People can not hear what I say. But my microphone will work with everything else like facetime, just not skype. How do I fix this?

See more topics labeled with:

Message 1 of 68 (124,988 Views)
67 Replies
Honorary Adventurer
Try a Skype test call to Echo 123. That way you can test your mike with Skype and see if it works.
Message 2 of 68 (124,963 Views)
Novel Tourist

My microphone wont work for skype but is ok with other programs. I have tried test calls for several times but it says there's something wrong with microphone.

Message 3 of 68 (124,949 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have already tried the test call and it does not work. I watch the video on skype for how-to for mac if there is a microphone problem but it does not give me a tool options as on it does for a pc. Skype should improve this problem to make it more friendly towards Mac users...

Message 4 of 68 (124,943 Views)
Honorary Adventurer
I'm sure you've already done it but what settings do you have in Skype\Preferences\Audio/Visual? If you say something is there absolutely no registration at all with the blue dots under the microphone setting with built-in microphone (internal) selected?
Message 5 of 68 (124,940 Views)
Novel Tourist

How do I make a call to Echo123

Message 6 of 68 (124,836 Views)
Super Aviator

call echo123; 

Refer to Skype FAQ:

https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10952/how-can-i-make-a-test-call-in-skype-for-mac-os-x

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Message 7 of 68 (124,812 Views)
Novel Tourist

Correct, it does not register the sound at all.

Message 8 of 68 (123,269 Views)
Tourist

I had same problem but following worked for me :

Go

PaiigeS wrote:

I have a Macbook Pro . The microphone won't work. People can not hear what I say. But my microphone will work with everything else like facetime, just not skype. How do I fix this?

to Skype\Preferences\Audio and in Microphone, select in-built microphone if using MAC mic or line-in if using external headphones. In my case, it was set as line-in while I was trying to use MAC mic. Hope it gives some clue.

Message 9 of 68 (122,652 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have the same problem... and I can't find a way of making it work. Did you ever fix yours? How? Did anyone on the Skype community give you the right advice?

Message 10 of 68 (121,276 Views)