By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Microphone wont work

Novel Adventurer

I have a Macbook Pro . The microphone won't work. People can not hear what I say. But my microphone will work with everything else like facetime, just not skype. How do I fix this?

• Mac
Flag for a Moderator
69 Replies
Honorary Adventurer
Try a Skype test call to Echo 123. That way you can test your mike with Skype and see if it works.
Novel Tourist

My microphone wont work for skype but is ok with other programs. I have tried test calls for several times but it says there's something wrong with microphone.

Novel Adventurer

I have already tried the test call and it does not work. I watch the video on skype for how-to for mac if there is a microphone problem but it does not give me a tool options as on it does for a pc. Skype should improve this problem to make it more friendly towards Mac users...

Honorary Adventurer
I'm sure you've already done it but what settings do you have in Skype\Preferences\Audio/Visual? If you say something is there absolutely no registration at all with the blue dots under the microphone setting with built-in microphone (internal) selected?
Novel Tourist

How do I make a call to Echo123

Super Aviator

call echo123; 

Refer to Skype FAQ:

https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10952/how-can-i-make-a-test-call-in-skype-for-mac-os-x

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Novel Tourist

Correct, it does not register the sound at all.

Tourist

I had same problem but following worked for me :

Go

PaiigeS wrote:

I have a Macbook Pro . The microphone won't work. People can not hear what I say. But my microphone will work with everything else like facetime, just not skype. How do I fix this?

to Skype\Preferences\Audio and in Microphone, select in-built microphone if using MAC mic or line-in if using external headphones. In my case, it was set as line-in while I was trying to use MAC mic. Hope it gives some clue.

Novel Adventurer

I have the same problem... and I can't find a way of making it work. Did you ever fix yours? How? Did anyone on the Skype community give you the right advice?