By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Blocked contacts can see they are blocked

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Novel Tourist

Does somebody know if they've fixed this or not in last updates?

Thanks,

Francesco.

Message 11 of 67 (30,822 Views)
Novel Adventurer

A red cloud sign is basically skypes way of telling you this person can no loger contact you. Thus meaning yes..this person is blocked if the cloud is red with a little crossthough circle in the middle :happy:

Albaloo1 wrote:
Hi, I blocked a person few days ago and now I can see the same name on recent activity with red cloud sign. What does it mean?

Message 12 of 67 (30,766 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Just a bug with a dress ...

I really want to block people without removing from the list, I might need to unblock them eventually

This was possible before, why on earth are you ruining everything !

Message 13 of 67 (30,669 Views)
Community Manager
I love that picture

I'm curious about what's the use case for blocking a contact and wanting to keep them in your list of *contacts* ?
You can see a list of all your blocked contacts in Skype's Preferences -> Privacy -> Manage blocked contacts. So you can easily get them added back from there.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 14 of 67 (30,632 Views)
Casual Tourist

I don't keep blocked people in my list; and I don't care if they can see they are blocked, they are blocked because I don't want contact with them.....as for the changes to Skype thank Microsoft they own it.

Message 15 of 67 (30,169 Views)
Novel Tourist

yes thats right

Message 16 of 67 (30,158 Views)
Novel Adventurer

if you can see a question mark it means she is just no longer friends/shared contact on skype. she removed you from contacts. does not mean you are blocked

barttiii wrote:

i can still see my girlfriends account of skyp but I see a : ?  ( account holder dont show her account to you) mean this she blocked me of just removed me of her skype?

Message 17 of 67 (29,450 Views)
Novel Adventurer

It shouldn't do that, if I block someone it usually comes up as I'm offline.

Message 18 of 67 (29,435 Views)
Casual Tourist

I sometimes block contacts who are friends of mine when I want to stop talking to them but I don't want to be rude and just ignore them. Then I can say goodbye and 'leave' but still stay online and chat to other people. If I could appear offline to selected contacts instead of all of them, I'd do that to the same effect. If someone knows I blocked them, they can ask me why and that's a conversation I'd rather avoid because its awkward for everyone.  

Message 19 of 67 (29,342 Views)
GA2
Tourist

That's a really annoying bug (not a feature, for sure) and even maybe something more than annoying in some cases.  I've just discovered that and I'm quite disappointed.  I have one contact blocked since two months... so you're telling me that he realized it?
I meet that person often and I NEED to appear kind to him for some reasons. I just didn't want to chat with him without making him know...
I also checked on Skype forums and guide about what a contact would see if I block them, and always found that they just would see me as offline! Today I realized that it was not true, and this topic confirms that.
wow...

Message 20 of 67 (28,665 Views)
Discussion Stats