By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

my video won't work on my mac

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Up until a few weeks ago everything was working fine with skype. But then my video stopped working. I can press the video button in a call but first time nothing happens and then I have just a black box with the loading circle, and no one can see me, it also doesn't show a picture when I look on the audio/video settings. I know it's not the camera as it works with other video applications

Message 1 of 5 (9,392 Views)
4 Replies
Casual Tourist

I have the same problem, it started a couple of days ago. I cannot see my image on skype, just a black box and facetima keeps getting in the way. We use our skype in our other pcs and it's working fine. Hope someone comes up with a solution

Message 2 of 5 (9,329 Views)
Novel Tourist
same thing .. how do u fix it???
Message 3 of 5 (9,049 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Video was working fine until a few days ago , now when I try to turn it on all that I see is it trying to connect but only for a few seconds have sound and can see other but they can't see me. please help thanks

Message 4 of 5 (8,608 Views)
Novel Tourist

We can't see the people we call and they can't see us on our iPad 3.

We can see ourselves.

We have voice contact.

Message 5 of 5 (8,119 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 5 in conversation