By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

mac os x lion and IM notifications in skype

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

hello ever since i updated to skype 5.1.09 somethingish, the little number notifications when you get a message in my skype buddy list have disappeared

so whenever i get a skype message, it beeps, but the little number next to the persons name that used to be there is now gone, and it makes it very difficult to show who sent the message.

is there any way to fix this in growl or any other area? i can't seem to find it.

thanks for your help !!

Message 1 of 4 (630 Views)
3 Replies
Novel Tourist

same here. I restarted the growl and skype. Mine is a bit different. it shows the badege but I just noticed that someone was pinging me and I missed the messages. The red badge count is there but my dock is hidden. So it should appear on the top right as intended in growl settings. 

Message 2 of 4 (517 Views)
Casual Tourist

I have the same problem. It's really annoying!

Message 3 of 4 (502 Views)

Hi,

Why not to try the 5.4.0.1217ß release ?

http://blogs.skype.com/garage/2011/09/skype_54_for_mac_beta_-_release_notes.html

Hth

Il n'y a aucun problème que l'absence de solution ne puisse résoudre ! ;-)
IMac Intel 27" Retina Core i5 3.3 GHz - RAM 24 GB - OS 10.11.6
Skype 7.34.164
Message 4 of 4 (494 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation