By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

language settings

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

i am using skype on the macbook air, and all of a sudden, the settings changed to chinese!  no idea why, but i cannot change the language settings back to english, because the menu is set in chinese! help me!!!!

Message 1 of 5 (2,451 Views)
4 Replies
Former Ambassador

I'm a Windows type of guy and have never set eyes on the Mac user interface.  I can show you what the menus look like in the Windows version.  If it's not similar enough to help, post your question in the Mac forum.

On the Skype menu bar, click on the second menu from the right; then the second menu from the top (change language); then the 10th menu item from the top (English).

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
Message 2 of 5 (2,447 Views)
Novel Tourist

OK, but How can I change language in Apple computer??

It don't have the icon Tools!!!

Save me.....

Thanks

Message 3 of 5 (2,430 Views)
Staff Moderator

Moved.

TIME ZONE - US EASTERN. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest Skype version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5 (2,426 Views)
Community Ambassador
Language settings are to be found in System Preferences' Language and Text pane. If your computer has miraculously switched to Chinese, you may need to find that pane by its icon (a flag). It's probably the fifth from the left in the top row in System Preferences. When you've found it, click/drag English to the top of the list and restart your computer. That should do it.
--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
Message 5 of 5 (2,423 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation