By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

how to open my webcam window before the call so I can see what the camera angle looks like?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I used skype in dec 2009, and it was very easy and quick to use.   But in the past few days, I tryed to use it again, and I am having all sorts of trouble.   First I can't figure out how to get my video window open before the call.  I wanted to set up some lighting so it wasn't too dark for the videocall, but what do I click on to make it appear??  

Also, I can receive calls but can't call out.  I press on the call button, but nothing happens.  So I have to wait for the other person to call me.

Frustrating!  Lots more little issues like this.  What do I do?  The directions online just don't work.  Thanks in advance.  

Message 1 of 2 (11,792 Views)
1 Reply
Novel Tourist

As far as seeing what your side of the conversation will look like, I usually go to the menu and Skype > Preferences (or command-comma), and click Audio/Video. 

That should show you what you need to see to prepare :happy:

Message 2 of 2 (11,775 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation