By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Why Do I see myself in my own contact list???

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

I was astonished today, when I went through my skype contact list and saw myself in my own list of contacts, but not with my own account nickname but with my real name and with the picture I use for my system account (in OS X) and where u get the status of people there is a phone icon, with my real home number on the side and my city and country right after.

So what is that? I asked a bunch of friends, nobody has themselves in their own lists...

Chris  

Message 1 of 4 (1,728 Views)
3 Replies

Hi,

Check your Skype Preferences >>> General settings.

"Show Address Book Contacts" is probably ticked there.

Hth

Il n'y a aucun problème que l'absence de solution ne puisse résoudre ! ;-)
IMac Intel 27" Retina Core i5 3.3 GHz - RAM 24 GB - OS 10.11.6
Skype 7.34.164
Message 2 of 4 (1,545 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Did you find an answer to this because I still dont understand. I also have a mac and in fact (i also see my full name and phone number) I have another picture too. ??????

Message 3 of 4 (1,510 Views)
Novel Tourist

Was this question answered?

I too can see myself in my own contacts list, featuring my presonal phone number & a random picture that I don't want on there.

Can I remove this via my own account?

Message 4 of 4 (1,326 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation