By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Update failure: states "Please ensure you’re authorized to perform software updates on this Mac."

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

On a Mac:  I was notified of SKYPE update availability and so attempted to update but encountered a snafu and error message window indicating that "Please ensure you’re authorized to perform software updates on this Mac.".  In most software, if one needs authorization, a special window comes up to request it.  Does SKYPE not know how to implemement this solution? (Seems impossible to me.)  Anyway, I aslo logged in as the Administrator for the computer and attempted to update that way, but encountered the same problem.   

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3 (498 Views)
2 Replies
Novel Tourist

I got the same message! ANy ideas? I can't seem to buy credit with a different paypal account either!

Message 2 of 3 (378 Views)
Tourist

I have the same issue - Please ensure you’re authorized to perform software updates on this Mac.

whats the issue?

Message 3 of 3 (281 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation