By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Text Message forwarding

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

is there a way to have Skype text message forwarded to my email?

Message 1 of 4 (10,667 Views)
3 Replies
Former Staff

Skype doesn't support incoming text messages - you can set up an SMS ID which allows you to send SMS messages from Skype and receive the answer to your mobile phone.

To do this, go to Skype -> Preferences -> Messaging. After you have validated your mobile number, all SMS messages you send from Skype will display your mobile number as the sender ID.

If you found my post helpful, please give "Kudos". If my post solved the issue, please mark it as a solution.

Click here to find out how to contact Customer Service directly
Message 2 of 4 (10,428 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hi. Sorry. What I am trying to do is if some one sends me a typed message on my Skype, is there a way to get that message on my BlackBerry?

Message 3 of 4 (10,418 Views)
Casual Tourist

should i do this, will the sender be charged for replying to skype then have skype forward it to my mobile? if yes, do you know how much will that cost? thanks. 

Message 4 of 4 (7,261 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 3 in conversation