By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Skype 5.6 nothing like the demo videos. Still no Facebook.

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

I can't believe Skype have all these videos showing how easy it is to do this that and the other, but the version they use in the demo's is completely different from the version you download. The sidebar looks really easy to manage and Facebook seems a doddle to integrate, but none of this is in the latest version.

Is anyone else finding this same thing?

Message 1 of 4 (342 Views)
3 Replies
Community Manager
Which video are you referring to? Can you share an URL?

You need to set up the Facebook in the "Skype Home" screen first. If you did that earlier already you might try disconnecting Facebook using the cogwheel icon on Skype Home and then reconnecting.

Found a helpful message? Give it a Kudo below to say "thanks" ¦ Latest Community News
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Message 2 of 4 (258 Views)
Highlighted
Novel Tourist

I know what you mean i very confused. The page used in Skype demos is nothing like what i received in the download. I can't  figure out anything on skype. 

superfly53   aka [Removed for privacy] 

jhendry76 wrote:

I can't believe Skype have all these videos showing how easy it is to do this that and the other, but the version they use in the demo's is completely different from the version you download. The sidebar looks really easy to manage and Facebook seems a doddle to integrate, but none of this is in the latest version.

Is anyone else finding this same thing?

Message 3 of 4 (168 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Check out this related thread with screenshots

http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/Skype-functions-missing/td-p/1860707

The screens in the How To demos look nothing like my Skype screen which you'll see here. And I still don't have any way to launch the IM function.

Message 4 of 4 (148 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation