By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Send Contact Request

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Send Contact Request is unavailable (dimmed).

I have not received any contact requests, despite knowing that people have sent me requests.

What is wrong, and how do I fix it?

Message 1 of 9 (15,749 Views)
8 Replies
Honorary Adventurer

Have you tried going to the menu and selecting Contacts\Add Contact there?

Message 2 of 9 (15,742 Views)
Novel Adventurer

No, I have not tried that because I am not trying to add a contact. I guess you didn't really read my question.

I want to use the Send Contact Request command, but it is dimmed.

Message 3 of 9 (15,739 Views)
Community Ambassador

The way to send a contact request is to click on Add Contact, then enter the name or email address of the person to whom you want to send the request.  Click Find, then select the name from the resulting list.  Once the name is highlighted, the Send Contact Request button will be undimmed and functional.

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
Message 4 of 9 (15,730 Views)
Honorary Adventurer

I didn't read it well enough because it's dimmed here as well! Sorry about that. I've never wanted to send a contact request and, anyway, don't know exactly what it does, apart from sending a request to a contact which one could do with a message.

Message 5 of 9 (15,728 Views)
Novel Adventurer
amal.udayanga1
Message 6 of 9 (12,567 Views)
Novel Adventurer
hi
Message 7 of 9 (12,566 Views)
Novel Adventurer
shi2nadee
Message 8 of 9 (12,558 Views)
Novel Adventurer
hhh