By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Poor video quality

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I have installed Skype 2.2.0.35 on OpenSuse 11.4 and everything works well except video.

I can have a nice preview video in "Options" settings but the transmitted picture (seen by other party) is very ugly. I tried with several parties allways having an internet bandwidth over 4Mbits/s for both sides. Running "Top" I can see a big load from skype which make me think about a lack of processing power for the video codec. In this case is there a way to reduce the frame rate in order to increase picture quality ?

Message 1 of 2 (815 Views)
1 Reply
Casual Tourist
The same problem with the same OpenSuse version and Skype version. Probably it can help you
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Skype.
Section "Using high resolution with webcam" I played with all parameters(Height, Width, Fps). It doesn't work for me. Good luck.
Message 2 of 2 (506 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation