By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

No sound for Test Call/outgoing calls but I DO have sound for test sounds - WTF?!

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Routine Adventurer

What the heck is going on here?

When I go into the skype options and go into sound devices I can hear the sound just fine when I click on 'make test sound' but when I click on make test call I get jack squat.  At what point did Skype think it was a good idea to use a different sound device for playing sounds versus playing the sound of a call?  Going through trying to figure out where the hell this is setup but I'm not having any luck... anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 5 (1,230 Views)
4 Replies
Routine Adventurer

Still encountering this problem and I know I can't be the only one.. Anyone have any suggestions?

Message 2 of 5 (1,206 Views)
Routine Adventurer
Ok, strange enough when I opened up paman and try it I get sound again.. No idea why but so far this is the only thing I've tried that restores sound for outgoing calls. I didn't adjust anything mind you, I just opened it up.
Message 3 of 5 (1,204 Views)
Routine Adventurer
Nope, I take that back.. it must have been lucky because it doesn't do the trick.. Gah, this is annoying..
Message 4 of 5 (1,190 Views)
Novel Tourist

I have no outgoing sound

Message 5 of 5 (1,083 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation