By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Need to Download Older Version of Skype

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I have OSX 10.5.8. I have lost my Skype Application. I accepted on screen invite to upgrade Skype today, 27 April 2012. I moved the download to Applications but then found the new version is not supported by my system and I can't use it (I think because my processor is "Dual 2 GHz Power PC G5" and not Intel so can't be upgrade to later OXS versions). There was no warning that this upgrade was not suitable for my computer. Somewhere during the process my original Skype application has been deleted or lost. It's not in trash and I can't see a way to download/ restore/re-install a version of Skype I can use. Any suggestions please? Thanks

Message 1 of 9 (33,689 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by sunrider
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Thanks for reading this and sorry to waste your time. I found answer myself on another post from "finewine" so thanks to you  finewine for your contribution. Oldapps have the solution at http://mac.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=37

Downloaded in seconds and works fine.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9 (34,576 Views)
8 Replies
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by sunrider
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Thanks for reading this and sorry to waste your time. I found answer myself on another post from "finewine" so thanks to you  finewine for your contribution. Oldapps have the solution at http://mac.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=37

Downloaded in seconds and works fine.

Message 2 of 9 (34,577 Views)
Casual Tourist

THANKS SOOO MUCH!!!!!! I WAS GOING CRAZY HERE I REALLY NEED MY SKYPE LOL!!!!!!

Message 3 of 9 (33,376 Views)
Novel Adventurer

It's a pity that Skype did not foresee this probelm and warn users. That hurts the brand. Not providing an easy way to get at previous versions is a serious probelm because it forces users to download programs from untrusted sources and exposes both them and the brand to risk. "Skype users infected by virus" is not something that anyone wants to see as a news headline.

Message 4 of 9 (33,112 Views)
Novel Adventurer
try over here --> mac.oldapps.com/skype.php
- john -
Message 5 of 9 (27,522 Views)
Novel Adventurer
oh well... i should have read on before answering this one!
Message 6 of 9 (27,522 Views)
Routine Adventurer

I've been using Skype for several years and love it. So much so that I dropped my previous landline altogether and subscribe to Skype VOIP instead. It gives me both videophone, ordinary phone service worldwide, texting, file transfer, and an answering machine. But at the moment I'm having a technical problem and Skype provides no meaningful customer support whatsoever!  There is only this  users' chat where it's awkward and time consuming to track down a solution. This is particularly frustrating when I  urgently need to have telephone service and it's not working. It seems that Skype management is asleep at the wheel. If only they'd set up real customer support Skype would be the best phone service in the world.

P.S. An old fashioned answering machine can be set to answer calls after x number of rings.  This is very convenient. Skype, however, needs to be shut down in order to take messages. This is very inconvenient and could easily be remedied.

Message 7 of 9 (22,224 Views)
Casual Adventurer

I have had enough of not being able to get a satisfactory answer to my SKYPE problems which all seem to be about the same thing . Will pull the plug , get a refund and get onto "viber" for nix .

Message 8 of 9 (21,818 Views)
Novel Tourist

Hi. the link in old apps is no longer working. is there any other solution? I want to download skype for windows xp sp2. Please help. :/

Message 9 of 9 (10,952 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 7 in conversation