By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

My Messenger-contacts are gone!

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hi, I just merged my Skype-account with my MSN Messenger one. I use Mountain lion.

First I logged in with my Messenger login, and found both skype and messenger contacts. Talked a bit there. Then I logged out, and the next time I logged in with my Skype login. Then only the Skype contacts were there! Logged out and logged in with my messenger login again. Still only skype! When I click at contacts only skype are there, the messenger ones (some only found via the skype home) show as offline.

How do I import my messenger contacts?

Message 1 of 8 (1,375 Views)
7 Replies
Casual Tourist

I am having the same problem.

Message 2 of 8 (1,244 Views)
Novel Tourist
I have the same problem. If I knew that, I wouldnt have merged my contacts. So stupid.
Message 3 of 8 (1,214 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I merged weeks ago and had no problem until yesterday. My msn contacts are gone, on Skype and on MSN. They are still in my contacts of my live.nl email.

Please take care of it.

Message 4 of 8 (1,207 Views)
Novel Adventurer

same thing happened to me and i'm using win7 !!!!!

Message 5 of 8 (1,146 Views)
Novel Tourist

I'm having the same problem and nobody can see me as being online. Also I can send messages and they receive them but they can't reply to messages. Are Skype/MSN doing anything about this?

Message 6 of 8 (1,101 Views)
Novel Tourist

I have the same problem and I don't have answer................HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Message 7 of 8 (1,022 Views)
Novel Adventurer

try adding the contacts back manually... at least the ones you chat with... same thing happened with me and i added ppl back manually and it worked

Message 8 of 8 (1,006 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation