By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

MAC Skype Logout

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

My parents just got a new MAC and I set Skype up for them, but I must be an idiot because I can't find a way to logout of their account so I can login to mine.

See more topics labeled with:

Message 1 of 24 (227,462 Views)
23 Replies

Hi,

Go to 'File' menu and there select 'SignOut' item.

Hth

Il n'y a aucun problème que l'absence de solution ne puisse résoudre ! ;-)
IMac Intel 27" Retina Core i5 3.3 GHz - RAM 24 GB - OS 10.11.6
Skype 7.34.164
Message 2 of 24 (227,444 Views)
Novel Tourist

where is the file button? i cant seem to find it..

Message 3 of 24 (226,361 Views)
Community Ambassador

Top left of your monitor.  When Skype is the front-running application, the top of the screen starts with the Apple logo.  Next comes Skype.  The third item is File.  Select it to reveal the dropdown list of items under that heading, and Bob's your uncle...

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
Message 4 of 24 (226,349 Views)
Novel Tourist
great answer! thanks!
Message 5 of 24 (223,367 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Sorry, but this is amazin - I can't find the logout/change account option neither...

I'm on a Skype 5.6.0.143 mac installation, and I don't see an logout/account button in the Skype window itself, or in the menu (nor in the File > submenu...)

Is this just me being 200% blind?? I only realised today, because I'm on my work computer which is always on the same account, but now my wife needed to login to her account :-)

Thanks!

Message 6 of 24 (222,301 Views)

Skype 7.34.164
Message 7 of 24 (222,300 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Yes I was truly blind...! Thanks :-)
Message 8 of 24 (222,294 Views)

You are welcome.  ;-)

Skype 7.34.164
Message 9 of 24 (222,292 Views)
Novel Tourist
I couldn't find it either until I enlarged the tabbed skype page-- i.e. the yellow button was highlighted with all of the skype info, so I just clicked the green button and then the whole screen was filled with the login page, and at that point, I could now see the very top of the screen that had the File button on it. Before, in the scaled-down view, that menu bar was hidden.
Message 10 of 24 (222,111 Views)
Discussion Stats