By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Importing Facebook Contacts

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I know on Skype for Windows, the option to import Facebook contacts into Skype is available.  Is there any way to do this for a Mac?

Message 1 of 16 (29,147 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Staff
Solution
Accepted by Carola (Moderator)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Hi,

Unfortunately Skype for Mac does not have a contact importer, therefore it is not possible to import then from Facebook. 

However, we released a Skype for Mac 5.4 beta version yesterday, which has the option to connect to Facebook, see your Facebook friends news feeds and talk with them from Skype. 

You can download Skype from here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/macosx/beta/

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 16 (29,207 Views)
15 Replies
Novel Tourist

I wish I knew, I'm wondering the same thing

Message 2 of 16 (28,862 Views)
Staff
Solution
Accepted by Carola (Moderator)
‎28-08-2015 11:00

Hi,

Unfortunately Skype for Mac does not have a contact importer, therefore it is not possible to import then from Facebook. 

However, we released a Skype for Mac 5.4 beta version yesterday, which has the option to connect to Facebook, see your Facebook friends news feeds and talk with them from Skype. 

You can download Skype from here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/macosx/beta/

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Message 3 of 16 (29,208 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Tried the solution above, installed the beta software, still no facebook integration.  I don't get it.

Message 4 of 16 (28,772 Views)
Staff

Hi, 

Please make sure that your contact list has at least 3 contacts, or that you have made a call to one of your contacts. 

After that the Facebook connection should become available. Exact instructions on how to connect to Facebook on Skype for Mac 5.4 beta can be found here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11065

-----
Message 5 of 16 (28,769 Views)
Casual Tourist

will there soon be a release of a newer skype version where we can import skype contacts from facebook? 

Message 6 of 16 (28,510 Views)
Casual Adventurer
What are you doing tonight?
Message 7 of 16 (27,756 Views)
Casual Adventurer
What are you doing tonight sleeping?
Message 8 of 16 (27,756 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Are you sleeping yet?
Message 9 of 16 (27,756 Views)
Casual Adventurer
David Morehouse are you awake yet?