By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

I can't delete people's messages

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

I'm the creator of a group chat, and sometimes people feel the need to spam a link ~3 times, so I delete the duplicates. This avoids people from clicking all 3 links and expecting differet content...but finding it's the same thing and they wasted time clicking the links. It also allows me to delete gore that people post.

Anyway, for some reason I can't delete messages anymore. Either someone put some kind of a hack in the chat or it's just bork for me. I can't edit messages either.

I can delete/edit messages from my iPhone though, and I can still delete/edit my messages. I'm on Skype version 6.3.0.582 on a Mac running OSX 10.8.3.

And as an addition to hacking...once someone went cray and started spamming the chat like mad. When I tried kicking them, it wouldn't work, it would say the user was kicked but they weren't. Either they had a hack in place or the spamming caused it to lag and not kick them. Is it possible to hack Skype to override the op?

Message 1 of 5 (827 Views)
4 Replies
Casual Adventurer
Same, and it's annoying.
Message 2 of 5 (810 Views)
Novel Adventurer

How long ago did it start for you?

I think I noticed it just yesterday.

Message 3 of 5 (808 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Just  when  you  get  on  the  one  you  want  to  delete in  solid  color then  just  pres (click) on  KEY board button DELITE top right   OK  and  good  luck

Message 4 of 5 (802 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Nope, nothing works, it only works on ipod/ipad.

Message 5 of 5 (783 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation