By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

I can see the person calling but they can't see me: Mac

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hi,

Can someone please help? The people I'm talking to can't see me.  Does this have something to do with facetime? I have the Facetime camera set under my preferences and I can see myself with it.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (11,495 Views)
3 Replies
Novel Tourist

It very ussual I am in same situation for weeks and I have tryed to mended it a lot of times. But there is not (or I can`t found it) any clear instrucction in the page to get it up.   

Message 2 of 4 (11,386 Views)
Super Adventurer

eliosanpa wrote:

there is not (or I can`t found it) any clear instrucction

In the Skype main window, use menu "Help" - "Get help ..."

This leads you to the web based FAQ.

Click on "Video calling", then "Making a video call (Mac)"

meowmacka wrote:
The people I'm talking to can't see me.  Does this have something to do with facetime? I have the Facetime camera set.

I am inexperienced with MAC, so I cant tell you. (On Windows, running a cam within one program might make the cam unavailable for another program)

It is definitively no good idea of Skype communities to mix Windows, Mac an Phones within 1 forum like this one.

For questions concerning MAC, you will find more competent peers on a specific MAC forum http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/bd-p/Mac

De Dom en Kölle
· Lösungen zu den häufigsten Problemen im Forum.
↘ Klick auf den grünen Daumen, wenn du meine Bemühungen ok findest.
↘ Click on the green thumb-up, if you appreciate my efforts.

Message 3 of 4 (11,310 Views)
Novel Tourist
Why can I see my call and hear them but they can only hear me. They can not see me?
Message 4 of 4 (10,318 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation