By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

I am online, but no one can see me.

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Hi,

I have Skype version 5.2.0.1523 on my Macbook air. I used skype alot and it worked perfectly fine. But now it doesnt work at all. Im online but no one can see me, and all my contacts are offline, altough I know they are online. I have tried to reinstall Skype a few times but the problem remains. There is no firewallproblem because Skype works for my room mates which is under the same wlan-connection. What can I do?

E

Message 1 of 6 (1,669 Views)
5 Replies
Novel Adventurer
I have the exact same problem, someone please reply to this!
Message 2 of 6 (1,539 Views)
Novel Adventurer
BTW, my work Skype works just fine on the same computer, so I think it must be some kind of problem with my account...
Message 3 of 6 (1,537 Views)
Reliable Adventurer

Please create a new Mac user on your Mac, switch to that new user, log into Skype with the new user and let us know if that works.

Skype 5.3.59.1093
Mac Mini Server 2011
Mac OS X Server Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)
Logitech C910 Webcam
Message 4 of 6 (1,533 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Yep, seems to work fine on the new user. Any way I can get it to work on my old user? Would hate to have to switch to a new user, have a lot of settings on the old one...

Message 5 of 6 (1,528 Views)
Novel Tourist

my friend has the same problem, he sais hes trying to call me from skype, but i see him as offline. please someone i need it to work! D: 

Message 6 of 6 (1,147 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation