By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

I am on mac - how can I take a snapshot?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

Message 1 of 11 (65,113 Views)
10 Replies
Casual Adventurer
Shift-cmd-4
Message 2 of 11 (65,105 Views)
Novel Adventurer

either ctrl-alt-3 which takes a photo of you whole screen or ctrl-alt-4 which only snap shots what you want  

Message 3 of 11 (65,104 Views)
AJD
Routine Adventurer

Full screen = shift>command>3

Selected part of screen = shift>command>4

Message 4 of 11 (65,096 Views)
AJD
Routine Adventurer
Message Listing said reply post had no text, so here it is again:

Full screen=shift > command > 3
Selected portion of screen=shift > command > 4
Message 5 of 11 (65,087 Views)
Routine Adventurer

Unlike the Windows version, the Mac version of Skype doesn't include a snapshot feature. You can use the Mac OS X built-in app "Grab" which is what other people are recommending with the key combinations (imho). It will save a fullscreen, window, or selection to a TIFF file, which you can then re-open in Preview and save it as something else if you so desire.

Message 6 of 11 (65,067 Views)
Novel Tourist

so what?  beacause mac has the opportunity to take screenshots the skype doesnt give you the chance to take a picture of your friend? I cant understand it !! I also have a mac and this was my question .. Skype please make a new skype version for mac and give us the chance to take picture of our friends normally from skype and not from the mac! 

Message 7 of 11 (54,921 Views)
Casual Adventurer

also after you do CMD + Shift + 4

you can then press space bar.. and the crosshair will convert to a camera that will size a perfect cut for the window of your choice

Message 8 of 11 (54,899 Views)
Novel Tourist

Where do you go check the pictures of the snapshots you took?

Message 9 of 11 (46,926 Views)
Casual Adventurer

they save to your desktop

Message 10 of 11 (46,902 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 9 in conversation