By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How to remove history or clear all history contents?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hi all,

I've just installed 5.3 and the UI has changed. On the left side, there is a 'tab' for contacts, recent and history. I would like to clear the history 'tab'.

Can anyone please advise me on how to clear all the contact chats in the history 'tab' ?

Thank you

Message 1 of 7 (22,394 Views)
6 Replies
Casual Tourist
Message 2 of 7 (22,211 Views)
Novel Tourist
how do i clear my history tab
Message 3 of 7 (22,184 Views)
Novel Tourist

Login Skype (mac). Go to Preferences under Skype tab, Privacy tab, select "Never" on "Save conversation history" or choose Delete History tab.

Message 4 of 7 (22,078 Views)
Novel Tourist

on Skype menu, tools, option, select. Then select Privacy settings at left. You have "keep history for". Press "clear history" button. If you want, select also the "no history" in the drop box.

Message 5 of 7 (20,860 Views)
Community Ambassador

Macs don't have 'tools.'  You'll find the Privacy settings under Skype's Preferences.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
Message 6 of 7 (20,853 Views)
Casual Tourist

Does Microsotf dev team plan to add this functionality? This question has new meaning in connection with Snowden...

How to remove messages from Skype server? Not from application. (When you remove messages from application than reinstall it or connect from another device you can see all deleted messages)

Message 7 of 7 (11,628 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation