By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How to Remove/Recall a Contact Request?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
jgg
Novel Adventurer

Sent out a couple of incorrect contact requests. They have not been accepted. I wish to delete or recall these requests from the main Skype UI to reduce the clutter. Can someone assist with instructions on how to remove these?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11 (55,025 Views)
10 Replies
Power User

I think it is not possible to cancel pending contact requests.  But you can remove the usernames of the contacts (in your contact list tab) to whom you have pending request the same process of removing or deleting a existing contact.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Message 2 of 11 (55,022 Views)
jgg
Novel Adventurer

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I was able to 'Delete' the contact from my Skype contacts however (and I think this is my issue) they continue to remain listed in the History pane on the left side of the Skype window.

I'm running the Mac version.

Thanks,

jgg

Message 3 of 11 (55,019 Views)
Novel Tourist

Hi,

But does that means that the recipient can still see our contact request sent to them? Even after we deleted them or blocked them? 

Message 4 of 11 (54,958 Views)
Casual Tourist

On a Mac, in the left hand pane, hold the ctrl button and click your mouse on the name of the person that invited you to be their skype contact. A pop-down menu will appear. Click "close" and that contact will be removed.

Message 5 of 11 (54,716 Views)
Novel Tourist
Yes. This worked for me (mac os x). However if the contact is in your mac contacts, it will not remove the skype contact until you remove it from your mac contacts first. =)
Message 6 of 11 (50,652 Views)
Novel Tourist
I lost all my contacts on my list
Message 7 of 11 (49,862 Views)
Novel Tourist
Hello! DaHappyHelper here! =) if anyone is using Skype go / tablet version then all you have to is go into contacts (people) or where ever the contact is, and hold your finger on the contact so that a cross appears on the top corner of the contact "box". Tap the cross that appears to remove the contact or cancel the request. Hope this helped you guys!
Message 8 of 11 (44,307 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Hi I have the same problem except that its on an Android tablet instead of on a computer. Any tips?
Message 9 of 11 (38,161 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Sorry I didnt realise that my question had already been answered by you. It worked and helped me a lot!
Message 10 of 11 (27,660 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 9 in conversation