By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

How can I recover chat history?

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I have question about recovery chat history in skype.

I have been delete skype program from my MacBook with all application support files.

How can I recover chat history?

Can I get chat history from peoples in my contact list (may be they can export our history and I can import it)?

Message 1 of 7 (3,842 Views)
6 Replies
Casual Tourist

I have just logged in to the community chat. And I have the same question. Although I can see the question, I do not see the answeres in the string.

Therfore can some please advise: How do I recover skype chat history: I am using windows 7 Home premium and have previous always had the keep history forever ticked, but unfortunatly hit clear history by mistake!

Thanks,

Message 2 of 7 (3,752 Views)
Novel Tourist
I have the same question too. And I'm on Mac, Mountain Lion with Skype 6. I want to be able to save/backup history and restore any time I want. I do have a backup from Skype 5 and used Kudos Chat Search to restore, but didn't work. Cos when I run Skype, it just didn't load up, not even signed in.
Message 3 of 7 (3,587 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hi,

I'm submitting an immigration application and they're asking for phone records of conversations between my boyfriend and I when we were apart.  This was all done on skype in 2012 and my call history won't go back that far.  Is there a way I can recover those older records?  Any help would be greatly appreciated as obviously this is important to me.

Thanks! 

Message 4 of 7 (3,373 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I have question about recovery chat history in skype.

I have been delete skype program from my MacBook with all application support files.

How can I recover chat history?

Can I get chat history from peoples in my contact list (may be they can export our history and I can import it)

Message 5 of 7 (3,360 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Hi,

I'm submitting an immigration application and they're asking for phone records of conversations between my boyfriend and I when we were apart.  This was all done on skype in 2012 and my call history won't go back that far.  Is there a way I can recover those older records?  Any help would be greatly appreciated as obviously this is important to me.

Thanks! 

Message 6 of 7 (3,355 Views)
Novel Tourist

on as youHi there, I have thw same situation as you. Do you mind if I ask you if you ever find out how to retrieved that old chat history so it can be printed? I need also that for my visa requirements. I hope you will answer. Thanks a lot.

Message 7 of 7 (1,435 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation