By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

History on iPhone, not on Desktop (Mac)

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Casual Adventurer

Question. Is there a way to recover Skype history that -- due to restoring from a backup on the Desktop -- is on an iPhone but not on any desktop applications? The chat apparently did not sync. I see a gap for last Friday and Saturday on all my Desktop Skype applications, and the history for two contacts are only on the iPhone. I bet everyone will get stumped on this one...!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by kitsunemage
‎28-08-2015 11:00

You can extract your contacts from the iTunes backup when you lost your iPhone. iTunes can automatically back up your iPhone contacts and update it every time when you sync it. So you really have a big chance to know how to restore contacts on iPhone.

If you don't synced, you can directly scan and recover deleted contacts from your iPhone with iPhone Data Recovery.

Solution 1: Scan and extract iTunes backup to recover iPhone contacts (without iPhone)
Step 1: Scan the backup file
Step 2: Recover your iPhone contacts

Solution 2: Directly scan and recover contacts from iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the computer
Step 2: Enter the device's scanning mode and scan it
1) Hold your device and click the "Start" button.
2) Pressing the "Power" and "Home" buttons at the same time for exact 10 seconds.
3) Then release the "Power" button, but keep holding "Home" for another 15 seconds until you get
Step 3: Preview and recover iPhone contacts

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6 (1,069 Views)
5 Replies
Casual Adventurer

Normally the devices exchange data when both are online at once. I'd say to try having both the phone and computer on skype at once. It may just be a glitch though.

Message 2 of 6 (1,963 Views)
Novel Adventurer
ridiculous to have to uninstall and install a program because it can't synchronize messages across devices.
Message 3 of 6 (1,839 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by kitsunemage
‎28-08-2015 11:00

You can extract your contacts from the iTunes backup when you lost your iPhone. iTunes can automatically back up your iPhone contacts and update it every time when you sync it. So you really have a big chance to know how to restore contacts on iPhone.

If you don't synced, you can directly scan and recover deleted contacts from your iPhone with iPhone Data Recovery.

Solution 1: Scan and extract iTunes backup to recover iPhone contacts (without iPhone)
Step 1: Scan the backup file
Step 2: Recover your iPhone contacts

Solution 2: Directly scan and recover contacts from iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the computer
Step 2: Enter the device's scanning mode and scan it
1) Hold your device and click the "Start" button.
2) Pressing the "Power" and "Home" buttons at the same time for exact 10 seconds.
3) Then release the "Power" button, but keep holding "Home" for another 15 seconds until you get
Step 3: Preview and recover iPhone contacts

Message 4 of 6 (1,070 Views)
Casual Adventurer
Sounds good. My contacts are OK, but those two days are missing. It turns out no important meeting chats were occurring. Thanks everyone.
Message 5 of 6 (921 Views)
Casual Tourist

I have the same issue; all chat history is on my iPhone but not on my Mac.

I have no issue with contacts being gone.

Can someone tell me how to retrieve my chat history again?

Syncing and reinstalling Skype on my Mac hasn't done the trick.

Discussion Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation