By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Earlier Skype Versions - Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger)

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

How can I get Skype for a Mac running Tiger?  I have an old laptop and I don't want to upgrade to 10.5, but I don't want to run Skype 2.8.

Message 1 of 134 (98,387 Views)
133 Replies
Community Ambassador

Scroll to the bottom of this forum page.  Click on Mac under Get Skype.  Scroll to the bottom of the resulting page and click on the link to download v2.8.

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
Message 2 of 134 (98,223 Views)
Novel Tourist
it doesn't work...
Message 3 of 134 (91,420 Views)

Hi,

Versions older than 2.8 are available from oldapps.com.

http://mac.oldapps.com/skype.php

Hth

Il n'y a aucun problème que l'absence de solution ne puisse résoudre ! ;-)
IMac Intel 27" Retina Core i5 3.3 GHz - RAM 24 GB - OS 10.12 Sierra
Skype 7.37.178
Message 4 of 134 (91,391 Views)
Casual Tourist

same question how to set up skype for mac 10.4.11 please

Message 5 of 134 (86,708 Views)
Novel Tourist

Thanks this helped have old and new version but when I open the old skype it just defaults to downloading the new version which doesn't work with my macbook 10.4.11???

Message 6 of 134 (84,845 Views)
Novel Tourist

Same here, tried to upgrade, didn't work, so went back to the old one, only to find that now it won't stay on for more than a minute before forcing me to upgrade to the new version which doesn't work. Get your act together Skype!!!!

Message 7 of 134 (84,814 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Same issue for a End user I have is there a fix for this yet?
Message 8 of 134 (81,542 Views)
Novel Tourist
BOO! insanely frustrating! old desktoop with 10.4.11- downloaded old versions only to be immediately forced to download new version that does NOT WORK. BOO!
Message 9 of 134 (77,934 Views)
Novel Adventurer
More people with same issues need to report this to Skype so they could really do something about this. Very annoying. Why do software developers always discriminate against users with older OSX?
Message 10 of 134 (77,882 Views)
Discussion Stats