By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Downloading skype on my new Macbook

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

I just got my first Mac and I'm trying to download skype which I never had any problems with on my Dell but it is absolutely refusing to download. I've tried countless times. It will have the downloading thing in the upper right hand corner in my browser and eventually will stop around 1.3 MB and call that finished downloading. When I click on it it says that it's not recognized. Any help would be much appreciated! I have 3 new baby cousins I want to meet! Thank you!

Message 1 of 3 (1,518 Views)
2 Replies
Novel Tourist

I'm having the same problem.

Message 2 of 3 (1,511 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I don't think it has anything to do with your macbook. I didn't have any issues downloading Skype to my macbook. I think Skype is having some serious difficulties right now. All the latest posts complain of many different problems. I can't make any calls, or check my voicemail. Hopefully they will fix it soon so you can see your nieces and I can call my Mom. 

Message 3 of 3 (1,506 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation