By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Deleting User names

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Adventurer

Hi, I have a lot of people that use my skpe.  However, I don't like for their User Names to be on my list.  

I recently updated my mac to Mountain Lion and now I am no longer able to delete them.

Before the update, I used to click on Library>Application Support>Skype>username, and just delete it from there.  

Now, Skype isn't even under Application support... Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 20 (13,910 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Ambassador
Solution
Accepted as a solution by jnaswor4
‎28-08-2015 11:00

In the Finder, try hitting CMD-SHIFT-G to reveal the hidden folder.

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20 (14,024 Views)
19 Replies
Community Ambassador
Solution
Accepted as a solution by jnaswor4
‎28-08-2015 11:00

In the Finder, try hitting CMD-SHIFT-G to reveal the hidden folder.

--
Message 2 of 20 (14,025 Views)
Novel Adventurer

I tried doing that and searching for "skype" and "application support".  It said that the folder couldn't be found...

Message 3 of 20 (13,895 Views)
Casual Tourist

hi i would like to delete all user names in my skype too but I am using windows vista can you help

Message 4 of 20 (13,892 Views)
Community Ambassador

Hmmm...You're right!  My apologies.  Maybe someone far better equipped than I in the brainbox department can provide a solugion.  

--
Message 5 of 20 (13,889 Views)
Novel Adventurer

No, I got it to work!  I went to Finder>"mycomputersname">Command_Shift_G>typed in library>Application Support>Skype.  It was there and it works now.  I don't know why it wasn't working the other ways... Thanks!

Message 6 of 20 (13,885 Views)
Novel Adventurer
hi where can i find 'finder'? sorry its my 1st time, i encountered what ur problem b4.. i want to delete all my username in my skype.
Message 7 of 20 (13,608 Views)
Honorary Adventurer

Findeer is the icon at the bottom left of your dock at the bottom of your screen. It's not a part of Skype but a part of the Mac OS. Hope that helps you and points you in the right direction.

Message 8 of 20 (13,534 Views)
Novel Tourist
I just started using skype and trying to delete a couple of my contacts but can't find "finder." please help.
Message 9 of 20 (13,531 Views)
Honorary Adventurer

Oops, spelling error in my previous message, sorry.

"Finder" is the icon at the bottom left of your dock at the bottom of your screen. It's not a part of Skype but a part of the Mac OS. Hope that helps you and points you in the right direction.

Message 10 of 20 (13,313 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 11 in conversation