By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Defunct email a/c

SOLVED
Go to Solution
This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Highlighted
Novel Adventurer

Hi, how do I change my old, now defunct email address, which is my primary a/c email. to my new email address. It keeps asking me for my old pass word to my old email primary a/c.  There fore I can't change the "Primary a/c details to new email? Any idea's?

Message 1 of 3 (880 Views)
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Experienced Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by kennybouy1
‎28-08-2015 11:00

It cannot be asking you for the password to your old email account because that is not something you would have given to Skype in the first place. The only password in Skype is the password for your Skype account.

Where are you trying to change it?

Whether you try to do it from within the app or on the website the "change email" and "change password" dialogs are separate.

Try logging into the Skype web site and then going to https://secure.skype.com/portal/profile

Go down to "Contact Details" and click on edit to change. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3 (892 Views)
2 Replies
Experienced Adventurer
Solution
Accepted as a solution by kennybouy1
‎28-08-2015 11:00

It cannot be asking you for the password to your old email account because that is not something you would have given to Skype in the first place. The only password in Skype is the password for your Skype account.

Where are you trying to change it?

Whether you try to do it from within the app or on the website the "change email" and "change password" dialogs are separate.

Try logging into the Skype web site and then going to https://secure.skype.com/portal/profile

Go down to "Contact Details" and click on edit to change. 

Message 2 of 3 (893 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Thank you aLotus, "you da Man" seriously, today that worked a treat and it allowed me to delete an old email address which was set as my primary, again thanks for your help, people like you are great to us "know not so much" really appreciate your assistance.:bigsmile:

Message 3 of 3 (841 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation