By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Contacts Monitor theme

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Adventurer

Hi

I've just upgraded to the latest version of Skype 5.8.0.945.

The Contacts Monitor (Window/Contacts Monitor) no longer has the nice black partially opaque window. I now have a ghastly grey / white window.

Does anyone know how I can return the theme of the Contacts Monitor window to what it was in the realease probably just prior to 5.8.0.945.

Many thanks

D

Message 1 of 7 (801 Views)
6 Replies
Casual Adventurer

PS I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.8

Message 2 of 7 (799 Views)
Honorary Adventurer

I've just upgraded to the latest version of Skype 5.8.0.945.

The Contacts Monitor (Window/Contacts Monitor) no longer has the nice black partially opaque window. I now have a ghastly grey / white window.

No one is ever satisfied! Not having a dig at you but there are supposedly thousands who want version 2.8 back and, when they make the Contacts monitor like the 2.8 version (even though it's now very easy to make very small and innocuous) there will be those who aren't satisfied and prefer the newer partially opaque version. I'm actually with you on the colour of it but I do like the way it can be made really small now.

Message 3 of 7 (789 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I do appreciate that you can't please all the people all the time, but a 10 second question to any experienced Digital Designer would see that the window in comparison to the former version looks like something sourced from Microsoft Visual Studio.

Most Mac owners enjoy an appreciation of beauty - probably why they parted with ££££ or $$$$ for their hardware.

This 'ghastly' window I feel is ill thought out and something I'm not going to have open on my desktop as I feel Skype should be something that subtly complements your workflow - not fighting for attention in the foreground.

Anyhow - perhaps one solution for me is to go back a version as I had no problems with the former anyway.

Can anyone help in pointing me to an up to date link for rolling back a version.

Many thanks in advance

D

Message 4 of 7 (784 Views)
Highlighted
Community Ambassador

Give oldapps.com/skype.php a try...

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
Message 5 of 7 (781 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Thanks for the link - an amazing site!

For Apple users:

http://mac.oldapps.com/skype.php

Ah now back to my lovely black, semi-opaque Contacts Monitor window :-)

Message 6 of 7 (776 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Hello World!

...and for those that want their partially opaque black Contacts Monitor theme back - simply roll back to 5.7.0.1130 and your desktop will have more of an Apple sense about it.....

Power to the people!

Message 7 of 7 (761 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation