By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Can't see caller....

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Casual Tourist

I am not sure if I fiddled with a setting or what but I used to be able to video call just fine but now when I try, on the other end they have no trouble seeing me but I'm not seeing anything (can't see the caller or myself)...all I see is a black box where the image of the person should be. Please help! 

Message 1 of 5 (848 Views)
4 Replies
Novel Adventurer

equinaz wrote:

I am not sure if I fiddled with a setting or what but I used to be able to video call just fine but now when I try, on the other end they have no trouble seeing me but I'm not seeing anything (can't see the caller or myself)...all I see is a black box where the image of the person should be. Please help! 

I am having the same problem. What can be done to fix this problem?

I would like to keep my present e-mail, richardstewart936@yahoo.com
Message 2 of 5 (431 Views)
Casual Adventurer

are you on an Apple iPad by chance and do you ever use facetime? If so, facetime needs to be turned off as it conflicts with Skype.

Message 3 of 5 (342 Views)
Novel Adventurer

Can you fix this problem.

I would like to keep my present e-mail, richardstewart936@yahoo.com
Message 4 of 5 (305 Views)
Casual Adventurer

Depends. I only know that if you're using an iPad or iPhone Facetime needs to be turned off or it will conflict with the camera/video view.

For instance, I could see my sister and she could see me, but when a biz partner and I skyped, I couldn't see them at all, only the small empty box. They were on an iPad and as soon as they turned off Facetime, all was well.

Message 5 of 5 (301 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation