By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Can't open my Skype account

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
OAB
Novel Tourist

I have downloaded the application. All is well until I try to open my page. At this point my daughters page opens in my account. 

Any ideas ?

Message 1 of 5 (3,272 Views)
4 Replies
Community Ambassador

Assuming you've installed Skype from the .dmg file, all you need to do is sign out of your daughter's account and sign in with your username and password.  When Skype is running, click on the File dropdown menu (third item from the left at the top of your monitor's screen).  Sign Out is the last item in the list.

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
Message 2 of 5 (3,155 Views)
Novel Adventurer
You must open your Skype account from your application icon like you're signing up fo like you're signing up for Skype
Message 3 of 5 (2,539 Views)
Novel Adventurer
Do not open by typing into the Do not open by typing into the address line on your browser. That's only how you sign up for Skype.
Message 4 of 5 (2,538 Views)
Novel Tourist

I have same problem. further skype insists that i merge my account with my daughters

Message 5 of 5 (2,038 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation