Solved! Go to Solution.
Apple has released a supplemental update of 10.8.5 that fixes the issue:
Apply this update and you should be good to go!
Please note, however: if you have previously modified the file to make it work while Apple was preparing the update, you will need to revert to the original file before updating to make sure everything works correctly :-)
1) Download the attached file.
2) Go to Finder>Go>Go to Folder
3) Copy and paste this into the search bar: /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/
4) Open the folder and move the current item in there (should be AppleCamera.plugin) to the trash.
5) Replace that file with the new one (the one you just downloaded)
I had the same problem and that was what finally worked for me after hours of troubleshooting. (Based on my experience downloading the older version isn't even worth it; I tried and it didn't solve the problem for me. This was literally the only thing that worked.) Good luck!
I can't believe you guys are going the the same thing at the same time!! Hahah GREAT. anyway, I'm confused, idk if i did it correctly but... my camera still isnt working :'( PLEASE HELP!!
I still dont have a working camera
The moment I copie the link in Folder the mac dont find anything even after I download the attached file, PLEASE HELP its driving me crazy
Who can help me?