By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Auto fill in names at login

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I have struggled with this.  I have had multiple people use my computer with skype and I want to erase the autofill in names at the sign in.  I am using a mac book pro with Lion or the latest mac software.  I cannot find the library with the names to delete them.  Please someone help.  I am so frustrated with skype for this function.  they need an automatic erase for this history are well.  Please help

Message 1 of 7 (9,200 Views)
6 Replies
Casual Tourist

Message 2 of 7 (8,986 Views)
Novel Tourist

Have you or anyone else come up with a solution for this?

Message 3 of 7 (8,873 Views)
Former Ambassador

What you're trying to do is device specific.  I know how to do it in Windows but I'm clueless when it comes to Mac.

I've moved the thread to the Mac forum where it's more likely someone will be able to provide a relevant answer.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
Message 4 of 7 (8,865 Views)
Community Ambassador

Try this: in the Finder, hit CMD-SHIFT-g.  To to ~/Library/Application Support/Skype.  Then simply delete the folders with the squatters' names in it.  That should do it.  I hope.  

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
Message 5 of 7 (8,857 Views)
Novel Tourist

How would you do it in Windows? Windows 7 to be specific.

Message 6 of 7 (8,645 Views)
Former Ambassador

It baffles me why you'd post a Windows question here in the Mac forum, but you can find the answer in <gasp> the Windows forum:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/How-do-you-delete-user-names-from-the-log-in-screen/m-p/247080...

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
Message 7 of 7 (8,640 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation