By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Auto Spell Check

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

Does Skype have spell check, and how do you enable that option? Thanks.

Message 1 of 19 (62,838 Views)
18 Replies
Community Ambassador
Look under File at the top left of your screen (to the right of Skype). Of course, Skype has to selected in order to see it...
--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
Message 2 of 19 (62,722 Views)
Staff
The Mac OS X spelling check for Skype can be enabled if you open Skype, then click on Edit --> Spelling and Grammar and click on the corresponding options.

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Message 3 of 19 (62,718 Views)
Routine Adventurer

I am not pessimistic but just I would like to caution you on your 'enabling' the Auto-Spell Check in Lion. After typing one must carefully watch all the words because invariably the auto corrections turn to be unwanted, funny corrections! In case one decides not to use it, just go to the Language & Text System under Preferences and select the Text tab, turn off auto spell correct.

Message 4 of 19 (62,705 Views)
Novel Tourist

Not to be redundant, but when I open my Skype dashboard, I only see (from Left to Right) Skype - Contacts - Conversations - Call - View - Tools - Help.

Can you please clarify what you meant by...Of course, Skype has to be selected before you can see it?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 19 (60,313 Views)
Novel Tourist

you are not helping bro

Message 6 of 19 (59,337 Views)
Community Ambassador

The fact that your dashboard includes Tools makes me think you're using the Windows version fo Skype.  I suspect that if you were to pose your question in the Windows subforum rather than in the Mac group, you might have a better response.  That's not to say that there aren't 'ambidextrous' folks here who can help you, but there are more lurking in the Windows group.  

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
Message 7 of 19 (59,335 Views)
Casual Tourist

I would like auto spell check facility please.

Regards

karthi gnanendran

Vsk Holdings Inc

Message 8 of 19 (59,008 Views)
Novel Tourist
(from Left to Right) Skype - Contacts - Conversations - Call - View - Tools - Help is the windows version of Skype, I do not think Skype has spell checking
Message 9 of 19 (55,627 Views)

On Skype 5.6.0.143 for Mac OS :

-  click 'Edit' menu

-  select "Spelling and Grammar" from dropdown menu

-  click the tiny black triangle icon at right

-  select item to suit your needs.

Et voilà !  

Hth

Il n'y a aucun problème que l'absence de solution ne puisse résoudre ! ;-)
IMac Intel 27" Retina Core i5 3.3 GHz - RAM 24 GB - OS 10.11.6
Skype 7.33.206
Message 10 of 19 (55,614 Views)
Discussion Stats