By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

Account::DB_IO_ERROR

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I could not access my Skype account in my iMac computer. The message I get is "Account:B_IO_ERROR." I do not have this problem if I use my iPad, my iPhone, or my Macbook. I wonder why is this is so? Could someone kindly help me troubleshoot this problem? Thanks.

Message 1 of 19 (59,129 Views)
18 Replies
Casual Tourist

similar problem here

"Account:B_DISK_FULL"

my mac hard drive is just fine....

no idea what the deal is

Message 2 of 19 (59,045 Views)
Highlighted

Hi,

http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=798169

Hth

Il n'y a aucun problème que l'absence de solution ne puisse résoudre ! ;-)
IMac Intel 27" Retina Core i5 3.3 GHz - RAM 24 GB - OS 10.12 Sierra
Skype 7.36.217
Message 3 of 19 (59,040 Views)
Novel Tourist

Same problem for me too. I can't use Skype on my MacBook Pro. I wish Skype would answer this question. 

Message 4 of 19 (58,118 Views)
Casual Adventurer

It looks Skype control files in your Mac are damaged.

Removing them and reinstalling Skype usually works fine.

If locating these files are a problem to you just use a free app like appCleaner to remove Skype and every Skype control file and reinstal Skype.

Good luck

Message 5 of 19 (58,102 Views)
Novel Adventurer

This is not always true. I ahve the same problem and I have done this. My wife uses the same computer but different computer account and her SKYPE works fine. Same computer. 

Message 6 of 19 (58,034 Views)
Novel Tourist

appcleaner works.

normal search found like 3 files. appcleaner found 30.

Delete reinstall and works.

good app to have.

Message 7 of 19 (57,844 Views)
Novel Tourist

hi there,

the skype on my mac came up with this very same thing -- & i think it was in response to having being looged in on my iPhone at the same time. i could usually access my a/c from 2 locations previously but it seemed to stuff up this time.

Try "Quitting" the Skype app, then re-opening it under applications & looging in again...

Fixed the problem for me

Message 8 of 19 (57,562 Views)
Casual Tourist

i have the same problem whit my iphone do you know what is the probleme

Message 9 of 19 (52,620 Views)
Casual Tourist
I have same problem any support
Message 10 of 19 (52,118 Views)
Discussion Stats