By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

This topic has been archived. To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Novel Tourist

I could not access my Skype account in my iMac computer. The message I get is "Account:B_IO_ERROR." I do not have this problem if I use my iPad, my iPhone, or my Macbook. I wonder why is this is so? Could someone kindly help me troubleshoot this problem? Thanks.

Message 1 of 19 (59,134 Views)
18 Replies
Casual Tourist

similar problem here

my mac hard drive is just fine....

no idea what the deal is

Message 2 of 19 (59,050 Views)

Il n'y a aucun problème que l'absence de solution ne puisse résoudre ! ;-)
IMac Intel 27" Retina Core i5 3.3 GHz - RAM 24 GB - OS 10.12.1 Sierra
Skype 7.39.176
Message 3 of 19 (59,045 Views)
Novel Tourist

Same problem for me too. I can't use Skype on my MacBook Pro. I wish Skype would answer this question. 

Message 4 of 19 (58,123 Views)
Casual Adventurer

It looks Skype control files in your Mac are damaged.

Removing them and reinstalling Skype usually works fine.

If locating these files are a problem to you just use a free app like appCleaner to remove Skype and every Skype control file and reinstal Skype.

Good luck

Message 5 of 19 (58,107 Views)
Novel Adventurer

This is not always true. I ahve the same problem and I have done this. My wife uses the same computer but different computer account and her SKYPE works fine. Same computer. 

Message 6 of 19 (58,039 Views)
Novel Tourist

appcleaner works.

normal search found like 3 files. appcleaner found 30.

Delete reinstall and works.

good app to have.

Message 7 of 19 (57,849 Views)
Novel Tourist

hi there,

the skype on my mac came up with this very same thing -- & i think it was in response to having being looged in on my iPhone at the same time. i could usually access my a/c from 2 locations previously but it seemed to stuff up this time.

Try "Quitting" the Skype app, then re-opening it under applications & looging in again...

Fixed the problem for me

Message 8 of 19 (57,567 Views)
Casual Tourist

i have the same problem whit my iphone do you know what is the probleme

Message 9 of 19 (52,625 Views)
Casual Tourist
I have same problem any support
Message 10 of 19 (52,123 Views)
Discussion Stats