By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

how to install skype on a chromebook

SOLVED
Go to solution
Novel Tourist

this really annoys me that i cant get skype on my chromebook and the fact that i can go to the skype website and sign in on my account but not be able to access messaging or calls annoys me more, I dont really get the point in it not being accessible to chromebooks since they have screen cameras too.

CAN SOMEONE FIX IT!!!!!!!!!

Novel Tourist

I got a chromebook for christmas and I would really like to know if there will be some kind of app or shortcut that would allow me to Skype with my family members that aren't located near me. I mean, is someone on top of this? Will this ever be fixed? 

Novel Tourist

yep thankyou it wotks fine but do i allways have to be online to use it ? 

thankyou again y):

Novel Tourist

Mallieh101 wrote:

I got a chromebook for christmas and I would really like to know if there will be some kind of app or shortcut that would allow me to Skype with my family members that aren't located near me. I mean, is someone on top of this? Will this ever be fixed? 

I am able to get this to work on my acer chrome book. Download IM+ on the chrome store and link it to your skype account. Good luck!

Casual Tourist

how to install in my chromebook skype i dont know. pls help me  my friends

Novel Tourist

right i cant even talk to my family why wont it install skype!!!!!!!!!!

Novel Tourist

I cannot make call from my skype i can make chat.

THANKS

Novel Tourist

assist me to instal skype on my chrome book please

Highlighted
Casual Tourist

skype is not supported by chromebooks as of yet and there is no skype on the chrome store either.

Casual Tourist

Skype was purchased my mirosoft. Need I say more?