By using this site you agree to the use of cookies for analytics, personalised content and ads. Read more

What’s New in Skype 1.13 for Linux Alpha

Highlighted

Thanks to all of you who continue giving us valuable feedback. Those are some of many new features and improvements coming with Skype for Linux Alpha 1.13 that we are releasing today:

• Enabled SMS sending
  • Update to Electron 1.4.7
  • Support for remote escalation of the 1-1 call to group call
  • Improved crash reporting
  • Added support for authentication token revocation
  • Bugfixes and performance improvements

Thank you for all your feedback so far, please keep it coming. We're listening!

• LinuxAlpha
Flag for a Moderator
52 Replies
Tourist
Just a small comment from me, in case this hadn't been pointed out: once I go into full-screen mode, there's no way to come back out of it. (Cinnamon 3.0.7 on Linux Mint 18 64-bit.)
Casual Adventurer

Hi,

is it possible to select and quote multiple messages from one chat to another

Staff

rand101aql wrote:
Just a small comment from me, in case this hadn't been pointed out: once I go into full-screen mode, there's no way to come back out of it. (Cinnamon 3.0.7 on Linux Mint 18 64-bit.)

Hello, 

it should be possible to leave fullscreen mode by pressing F11.

Kind regards,

JonasT

Routine Adventurer

The download page is as usual hard to find... would be a good idea to just always link it from the announcement

Casual Adventurer

Dear developers,

the zoom function is a big bug since v1.11:

please fix it because it's very annoying to zoom continuously (after a while or scrolling or chat switching or any other action) because the program can't remember the zoom factor.

aaime wrote:

The download page is as usual hard to find... would be a good idea to just always link it from the announcement

Good idea, putting the download links here and will add them to the upcoming announcements.

Download Skype for Linux Alpha DEBDownload Skype for Linux Alpha RPM
By downloading and installing Skype for Linux Alpha, you agree to the terms of use and privacy statement.
Staff

jonci wrote:

Dear developers,

the zoom function is a big bug since v1.11:

please fix it because it's very annoying to zoom continuously (after a while or scrolling or chat switching or any other action) because the program can't remember the zoom factor.

Thank you for the report, jonci.

This issue is being investigated.

Kind regards,

JonasT

Casual Adventurer

Great, thank you! Much appreciated.

Casual Adventurer

Thank you for the update. The bug I pointed out for the previous version is still there: when \ is used in a chat message, I get 

Available commands:
/add [skypename]
/giphy [expression] - sends random GIF for given expression (optional)
/alerts off | on [keywords]
/alertsoff
/alertson [keywords]
/help
/me [message] - sends special message prepended by your name

It is a bug, because \ and / are different symbols.

It makes the usage of chat very inconvenient for people like me, who use Skype to communicate with their colleagues, since we often copy and paste TeX into the chat window - and \ is the symbol which is used quite extensively in TeX. 

Discussion Stats